1. Where are the sizes measured from?
The sizes shown on our website are the EXTERNAL upstand sizes, to suit a fully weathered upstand of approx. 10mm less on each proportion.
2. What size should my upstand be?
It is good practice to be 150mm in height from the roof deck and usually 100mm wide and also insulated. Also the fully weathered external measurements should not exceed the size of the roof lantern purchased also allowing a 5-10mm tolerance all around.
3. Do you offer bespoke sizes?
No, our website has been designed to work with stock sizes only to keep things easy for our customers to choose what they require and have it delivered in a timely manner.
4. What colours are the roof lanterns available in?
Any combination of White RAL 9910S, Grey RAL 7016M or Black RAL9005M
5. Do you offer bespoke colours?
Not on our fast turnaround, we only have the stock colours shown on our website. However, if it is critical to match a specific RAL colour please email your requirements and we will give you an individual quote and lead time.
6. How quick can I take delivery if I order today?
Delivery is approximately 7 working days from your confirmed order.
7. How will our roof lantern be delivered?
You will be advised by email the date that you will receive your roof lantern. Please note: It will be delivered in two shipments as the frame comes separate to the glass and this is usually over 1 or 2 days.
8. Are the roof lanterns delivered fully assembled or in kit form?
Our roof lanterns are delivered in kit form for easy assembly onsite.
9. Do you offer an installation service?
The way we have designed our website is to be a slick easy way for people to purchase stock size roof lanterns on a supply only basis. however, please contact us and we can give you a price for installation if required.
10. What is the standard pitch of the roof lantern?
11. What is the difference between the glass options available?
All of our energy saving performance glass units feature a low-e inner pane, argon gas, warm edge spacer bars and solar control outer pane with self clean coating. If you need to maximise the light then choose our Activ Neutral glass, if you are south facing and need to reduce glare then choose our Activ Blue glass and if you are south facing and you are concerned about getting too hot then choose our unique Celsius Elite Blue glass for the ultimate heat blocking.
12. What glass do I choose for maximum light transmission?
Pilkington Activ Neutral
13. What glass do I choose to reduce glare?
Pilkington Activ Blue
14. What glass do I choose for ultimate heat blocking?
Celsius Elite Blue
15. Does the glass have a 'self-clean' coating?
Yes, all of our performance glass units feature a self-clean coating.
16. Can I have opening roof vents?
Yes, you can order an electric roof vent for ventilation. These have a glazed aluminium lid with a PVCu bottom frame and use munting bars to integrate with the glass sections. Please note: These are only available in the 'Multi-Pane' range and will increase the lead time to approx. 2 weeks.